Smiles for Life is going solar! Over the month of October, we will be adding 186 solar modules to the field behind our office. We are really excited about decreasing our carbon footprint! Stay tuned on our blog and Social Media (especially our Facebook page) to see update pictures as the installation continues.
- Solar energy is more abundant than any other energy resource on earth.
- Solar energy produces less harmful greenhouse gases than traditional fossil fuel energy sources. In fact, using solar energy saves 135 tons of carbon dioxide in a 25 year period.
- Solar cells go all the way back to 1954 when Bell Laboratories produced the very first one.
- Since solar panels don’t put out any emissions, so they don’t contribute to acid rain, smog, or local airborne particulates.
- Solar panels have no moving parts, so they are completely safe for wildlife and have a low impact on the surrounding environment.