When one or more teeth are out of alignment, it can detract from the natural beauty of your smile. Even though you may desire straighter teeth, you simply may not like the idea of wearing braces to achieve your goals. If this is the case, you are certainly not alone.
Fortunately, our doctors at Smiles for Life in Harrisonburg, VA offer instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers. Wafer-thin and color-matched to your smile, porcelain veneers can conceal aesthetic imperfections, including chips, cracks, discoloration, gapped teeth, and yes, even crooked teeth. Read on to learn more about this innovative procedure to see if this treatment option could work for you.
Porcelain Veneers to Straighten the Appearance of Your Smile
It is easy to understand how porcelain veneers could camouflage small chips and discoloration. But how is it possible to make the teeth appear straighter? If a tooth is out of alignment, a veneer can be placed over it to make it appear flusher to the adjacent teeth. Typically, multiple veneers are placed to achieve the desired result.
Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
Patients considering instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers should be in good general health and should also be free from gum disease and tooth decay.
Additionally, it should be noted that instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers is typically only recommended for patients with mild misalignment. If your orthodontic issues are more complex, traditional braces may better serve your needs.
Instant Orthodontics Treatment Process
The first step when considering instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers is to attend an initial consultation at our practice. During this visit, your doctor will assess your teeth, gums, and surrounding structures. He or she will also discuss your specific and unique cosmetic goals to determine if this treatment is right for you.
If it is determined that instant orthodontics is appropriate, a small amount of enamel will be removed from the teeth that will be treated. Next, we will take impressions of your teeth. These will be used to make a dental model of your mouth, which our dental lab will use to craft your custom veneers. While the technician fabricates your restorations, temporary veneers will be placed on your teeth.
In a week or two, once the veneers are completed, we will schedule you for a second visit at our office. Your doctor will remove your temporary restorations and bond your final veneers to the teeth. The result is a straighter, more uniform smile.
Advantages of Instant Orthodontics Treatment
There are plenty of benefits when straightening your teeth with porcelain veneers. Instant orthodontics offers:
- Faster treatment: While traditional braces often take between 18 and 24 months, instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers can achieve similar results in just a couple of weeks.
- Convenience: Traditional braces require frequent follow-up visits. Once your veneers are placed, the only maintenance required is routine dental cleanings and examinations.
- Comfort: Most patients experience little to no discomfort during the placement of porcelain veneers. Additionally, no uncomfortable orthodontic adjustments are necessary.
- Simple aftercare: Once your veneers are placed, they can be brushed and flossed normally, requiring no specialized care.
- Improved aesthetics: Of course, one of the most notable benefits offered by instant orthodontics is the beautiful, dazzling, straighter smile this treatment can deliver.
Learn More about Instant Orthodontics with Porcelain Veneers
If you are self-conscious about teeth that are crooked, overlapped, gapped, or out of alignment, consider what instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers can do for you. To schedule a consultation at our practice, contact us online or call us at (540) 208-5911.