If crooked teeth have you feeling self conscious about your smile, but the thought of wearing braces seems worse, Six Month Smiles® treatment may be right for you. Six Month Smiles® offers discreet orthodontic treatment in a fraction of the time of traditional braces. During patient consultations, Drs. Joe McIntyre and Dan Whiting explain the benefits of Six Month Smiles® versus braces. For more information, contact our Bridgewater, VA practice to schedule a consultation.
Six Month Smiles® Treatment
Six Month Smiles® is a discreet orthodontic treatment that uses similar methods as traditional orthodontics but with aesthetically pleasing materials to straighten the teeth in a fraction of the time. Instead of using silver wires and brackets traditionally used for braces, Six Month Smiles® uses clear brackets and tooth-colored wires. By focusing on straightening only the front facing teeth, Six Month Smiles® treatment can help you achieve beautifully straight teeth in as little as six months.
Traditional orthodontics produce straight teeth through the use of metal brackets and wires that are attached to the teeth. Traditional braces are different from Six Month Smiles® treatment in that the brackets and wires are silver in color, making them more conspicuous. Unlike Six Month Smiles®, traditional braces typically require more than 12 months to complete treatment. Traditional braces may also be used to alter the alignment of all of the teeth instead of just the front teeth, as is the case for Six Month Smiles®. In cases of severe alignment issues, traditional orthodontics is often the best option.
The Benefits of Six Month Smiles® over Traditional Orthodontics
Six Month Smiles® treatment offer many benefits over traditional braces, making it a popular choice for many orthodontic needs. Some of the benefits of choosing Six Month Smiles® orthodontics over traditional braces include:
- Fast results: Traditional braces require patience and dedication, as it can take 18 to 36 months to complete treatment. Six Month Smiles® is a great alternative to braces because they can transform the smile in as little as six months.
- Discreet treatment: The materials used in traditional braces can make those who wear braces feel insecure about their smile. Six Month Smiles® treatment avoids this problem with the use of discreet clear and tooth-colored materials.
- More cost effective: Because orthodontic treatment with Six Month Smiles® is completed in less time than traditional orthodontics, which means less appointments, it can end up being more cost effective.
- Better hygiene: When wearing braces, it can be difficult to properly clean around and beneath the brackets, putting the teeth at risk of decay. The longer braces are worn, the greater the potential risk. With Six Month Smiles® treatment, braces are worn for a short time, allowing patients to get back to their normal brushing routine right away.
- More comfortable: Six Month Smiles® focuses treatment on the front facing teeth. This means wires and brackets are only placed on the front teeth, often making treatment more comfortable than traditional orthodontics.
- More convenient: Because Six Month Smiles® treatment is completed so quickly, many patients find it more convenient than traditional braces, which require upwards of 12 months and several dentist appointments to complete.
Find out if Six Month Smiles® Treatment Is Right for You
To find out if Six Month Smiles® treatment is right for you, or to learn more about other orthodontic options, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. McIntyre or Dr. Whiting.